Re: [seul-edu] K12LTSP (Was: Hi Im Andrew)

On Tuesday 04 June 2002 08:33 pm, Dave Prentice wrote:
> Ken,
>     RH7.2 is already running quite nicely on the machine that will be the
> first server. Do I have install the K12LTSP distro completely from scratch,
> or is there a way to install just the extra or modified components?

What they have is basically the RedHat distro with their own install script
added, so it's designed to install from scratch.  At the RH install screen
where you normally choose between a workstation, server or laptop (etc.)
install, there is one more choice:  LTSP.

My experience with it isn't extensive yet, plus they just came out with a new
version a few days ago which is RH 7.3-based.

I think you'll have less trouble if you simply re-install from scratch.

Ken
--
"Civilization is the progress toward a society of privacy.  The savage's whole
existence is public, ruled by the laws of his tribe.  Civilization is the