Re: [seul-edu] K12LTSP (Was: Hi Im Andrew)

Ken Barber wrote:

> On Tuesday 04 June 2002 08:33 pm, Dave Prentice wrote:
> > Ken,
> >     RH7.2 is already running quite nicely on the machine that will be the
> > first server. Do I have install the K12LTSP distro completely from scratch,
> > or is there a way to install just the extra or modified components?
>
> What they have is basically the RedHat distro with their own install script
> added, so it's designed to install from scratch.  At the RH install screen
> where you normally choose between a workstation, server or laptop (etc.)
> install, there is one more choice:  LTSP.
>
> My experience with it isn't extensive yet, plus they just came out with a new
> version a few days ago which is RH 7.3-based.
>
> I think you'll have less trouble if you simply re-install from scratch.

You can also check out LTSP, on which K12LTSP is based.  I believe you can
install LTSP onto a running system.  K12LTSP added a complete Red Hat distro
to simplify installation.  They also added some apps and "pre-configured" a
bunch of stuff to make the whole process easier.

-Don

--
Don Christensen       Senior Software Development Engineer
djc@cisco.com         Cisco Systems, Santa Cruz, CA