Re: [seul-edu] Re: OT: all about global warming

All: This list is about simplifying Linux and other open source software for use
in schools. It is not a forum for debating the content of curricula, except as
such debate pertains to open source/free software or the open development method.

If you believe there might be something to this global warming thing and want to
help out Mike or use his program, do so. If you think global warming is a Commie
plot, then don't help Mike, don't use his software, and maybe you should build
something equivalent to share your side of the story with other teachers and
students. Heck, you might even want to repurpose Mike's software to that end,
since if it's open source or free, he can't say no.

In the meantime, if you guys want to debate the rigor of the global warming
theory, go right ahead, but do so amongst yourselves and not in my mailbox.

--William

paul wrote:
> Ok,  there is still be a case for reducing the amount of carbon dioxide and
> other gases such as sulphor dixoxide and oxide of nitrogen in to the
> atmosphere,  moving to non polluting systems will benefit all of us my
> making the air cleaner,  and less harmful.
>
> In the long term this will reduce healthcare bills caused by illnesses
> linked to pollution e.g asthma,  etc
>
> Paul

[snip]

> On Thursday 20 June 2002 04:55 pm, mike eschman wrote:
>
>>hello,
>>
>>here on earth, while you slept, the epa
>>issued the results of a 10 year study.  it acknowledges the
>
> scientific
>
>>uncertainty - but it also commits to significant spending.
>>
>>that makes it worthwhile, regardless of your opinion.
>>
>>i won't waste anymore breathe on this.
>>
>>mike eschman, etc...
>>"Not just an afterthought ...
>>http://www.etc-edu.com

> warming

>>>Well, for one thing, the assumption that global warming is
>>
> actually
>
>>>occurring. Such has never been scientifically established

[blah blah]