Re: [seul-edu] Re: [K12OSN] Linux in Education Book?

Dear John McQuilliams,

I was just looking at your post on seul again and was struck by what you
were trying to do with 9th graders. Your description is very close to
what I am doing at Rose Marie Academy, basically for free. I host
Manhattan Virtual Classroom (our school has ADSL, not a permanent line)
zwiki, FLE and Geeklog on a remote server (iteachnet.org) and do _all_
of the things you wanted to do in a very user friendly way. Locally, we
run all free software (on Windows): now, we are moving to k12ltsp (v. 3)
and nfs on Linux clients instead of samba file sharing for windows
clients. It works and the educational apps are a _great_ start on your
dream. Download it now.

David

--
http://www.iteachnet.org