Re: [seul-edu] Home schooling question

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Jim Wildman wrote:

  Whoa!

  I looked it up and the results are impressive!

  Petr

  http://www.hslda.org/docs/news/hslda/200105070.asp

HSLDA News
        May 7, 2001

Home School SAT Scores for 1999 and 2000

Home School Legal Defense Association recently asked The College Board,
publisher of the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT), if they could tell us how
home schoolers were doing on this college preparatory test. The following
information is excerpted from the College Board's May 2, 2001 fax.

The College Board only has data on home-schooled SAT-takers in the high
school graduating classes of 1999 and 2000.

The numbers and percentages of home-schooled SAT takers has risen slightly
in those two years:

*       In 1999, 3,116 of 1,220,130 high school graduates with SAT scores
(0.25 percent) said they were home-schooled.

*       In 2000, 5,663 of 1,260,278 high school graduates with SAT scores
(0.45 percent) said they were home-schooled.

In 2000, the group of home-schooled SAT takers also had higher SAT
averages:

*       The average SAT scores of home-schooled students were 568 Verbal
and
532 Math, above the national averages of 505 Verbal and 514 Math.

*       Among home schoolers---men's scores were 568 Verbal and 554 Math
(vs. 507 Verbal and 533 Math nationwide); and women's scores were 568
Verbal
and 513 Math (vs. 504 Verbal and 498 Math nationwide).

*       Males were 46 percent of both the home-schooled and the national
SAT
populations, and women comprised 54 percent of both populations.

Used with permission of The College Board, 45 Columbus Avenue, New York,
NY
10023-6992, 212-713-8000, www.collegeboard.com.