Another XML effort underway

Hi everyone,

I got another email from Wendell Brown today. He's the president of
Misty City Software and is considering a Linux port of his company's
Grade Machine software. I had previously told him about this group and
had emphasized the EDUML prject in particular. He was very interested
and informed me that there is another group interested in developing an
XML standard for educational data exchange. The group is called the
Schools Interoperability Framework. Their webpage is at
http://www.schoolsinterop.org/

I'll quote part of his message to me:
--snip--
Misty City has had a representative at their meetings for the past few
months, and so far it looks like it might be a good thing. Microsoft was
initially involved in pushing this, but most of the participants
(including
Misty City) have made it clear that we expect this to be an
company-independent standard if it is to succeed. That means equal
participation by Apple, Novell, IBM etc. along with Microsoft. If you
haven't heard of this group, I'd be interested in your perspective on
it.
--snip

Bruno, are you aware of this group? I haven't had a chance to look at
their stuff in detail, but obviously this is worth a look.

Regards,
Tim

--
Timothy Wilson      |  Proud Linux user  |      Check out:
Henry Sibley H.S.   |    since 2.0.32    | http://slashdot.org