Re: Another XML effort underway

On Tue, Mar 16, 1999 at 06:31:10AM -0800, Tonnesen Steve wrote:

> I will do this.  My first guess would be that actually using EDUML as the
> backend for the web page would be too slow, but converting the relational
> database to EDUML should be a breeze.  Is XML::Parser the best tool to use
> for this task?  In a quick purview of that package it looked like it was
> only useful for reading XML files and not for writing.  Am I wrong there?

I use it for transformations (reading an XML file and outputting HTML or PHP3
or PERL scripts or other XML files).  I intend to use the first available free
source XSL program I can get to work to replace XML::Parser though.

A slideshow on the use of XML::Parser is available at:

http://www.bitmovers.com/speakerSeries/timBray/

Bruno