nightfall 0.10 bug report

I went hunting for education software applications for Linux this evening,
and I found nightfall, a fun little astronomy simulation application. It's
got gnome support, so it looks pretty spiffy.

Now, the obligatory bug report:

I compiled it easily, and ran with the suggested default:

/usr/local/bin/nightfall -U  0.8 85 0.8 1.0 5500 5800

Then I chose "info", and after choosing two items (for instance, clicking on
any topic and then any topic again), it gives:

** ERROR **: sigsegv caught
Xlib: sequence lost (0x10000 > 0x1891) in reply type 0x9f!

and then the program freezes. I assume this is more a gui issue, but it
still counts as a bug report. :) On the other hand, I'm running the
Independence 0.1 (alpha) distribution (http://independence.seul.org/), so it
may well be a problem on my part as well. I don't know that much about gtk
gui's these days.

[root@moria doc]# rpm -qa|grep gtk
gtk+-1.0.6-3
gtk+-devel-1.0.6-3

Let me know the next steps I should take in debugging if you think this is
worth pursuing, and I'll look into it.

Also, I'm curious how active the development is on Nightfall right now.
The seul-edu project (www.seul.org/edu/) is trying to encourage the
development of educational applications (particularly high school level)
under Linux, and it's possible that Nightfall might be useful for this.

If you think that a mailing list, webspace, ftp space, a cvs repository, a
seul subdomain, etc would be helpful to you, please let me know. Are there
rpms or debs available?

seul-edu group: look at
 http://www.lsw.uni-heidelberg.de/~rwichman/Nightfall.html

Thanks,