Re: nightfall 0.10 bug report

Dear Roger,

> Now, the obligatory bug report:

Thanks for your bug report. Unfortunately, it is not obligatory at all
 - I get far too few bug reports, thus I only can fix the bugs I find by
myself, which is probably just a small fraction of all bugs in the
program.

> (deleted) ... I assume this is more a gui issue, but it
> still counts as a bug report. :)

While it is always tempting to put the blame on something/someone else, I
have to admit that it was my fault :(
Curiously, it only shows up with gtk 1.0.6, neither with 1.0.4 nor 1.2
(the versions I normally use), therefore I never noticed it.

> Also, I'm curious how active the development is on Nightfall right now.

I am the only person working on it right now, and I am releasing a new
version about twice/month. Vers. 0.11 (including a fix for your problem)
is scheduled for next Tuesday.
I am quite interested on some feedback with respect to the useability
of the program for educational purposes, and suggestions for improvement.

> If you think that a mailing list, webspace, ftp space, a cvs repository, a
> seul subdomain, etc would be helpful to you, please let me know. Are there
> rpms or debs available?

There are no rpms or debs, because (i) I dont have the time, and
(ii) I don't know about debs, but IMHO rpms are a pain in the ...,
especially if you don't have root privileges ('package not
relocateable'), although that might be mainly because they are just
poorly made sometimes (?). Of course I don't mind if someone else makes
them available.

best regards,
  Rainer

 "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack
  of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."
  - "Hit it !"