Sources of used computers

Here are some sources of used computers that I've heard about.  I'm
afraid they're US-only, but there may be similar programs in other
countries.

First, there's <http://www.computers.fed.gov/>, which seems to be trying
to match up obsolescent government equipment with educational and
non-profit organizations who can use it.

Next, there's this from Jason Burke:

Hey, that was pretty cool. However, my organization is currently working
on gaining non-profit status, and I believe that when local companies
learn they are eligable for a $500 tax incentive for _each_ computer
they donate to a non-proifit organization we will be rolling in surplus
486 computers. I have already talked with people who are talking about
donating 1000 to 1200 older 486s to Linux Mentors. My thoughs are to
distribute these machines to other Linux Education organizations around
the country. It's a little ways down the road yet, but it's the
direction that Linux Mentors is looking to move towards.

Jason Burke

I don't have any more info except for Jason's email address, which I
won't give out without his approval, but you might be able to find out
more by doing an internet search on Linux Mentors.

--
Doug Loss                 A life spent making mistakes is not only
Data Network Coordinator  more honorable, but more useful than a