Re: [seul-edu] [Fwd: Information Request]

Jefferson Knox wrote:

> There were some companies that said there
> product also come in linux varients, but I get the feeling most of the
> companies think that Linux is a fad. Its generally not a good environment, I
> mean I get alot of free stuff, but my experiences are that because its such
> a small venue (comparitively to CEBIT or Comdex) the sales people sort of
> have the attitude that these local people are only here to get the freebies
> and have no interest in the products. As a result they are kinda hostile,
> especially towards any younger college age students, they logically assume
> they have no business being there. Anyway, this is just what goes on at my
> local event, It is a good place to make contacts though.

If that's the environment, would our smiling faces and open demeanor
(and lack of any free gimmes) be a refreshing change that might reflect
well on Linux and SEUL/edu?  Or is it just not worth the effort to find
someone with the time and resources to put something together for this?

--
Doug Loss                 Even if you're on the right track,
Data Network Coordinator  you'll get run over if you just