Re: [seul-edu] linux.com and cnet cover seul-edu

I don't think this is just a problem with teacher
training but with computer education in general. Until
this changes and computer education is approached as you
suggested then we will always be struggling with the
platform issue.

Bill

Quoting Jan Hlavacek <jhlavacek@sf.edu>:

>In general,  I think the teacher preparation as far as
computers are
> concerned is pretty poor.  Part of it is that it is
mostly done the
> wrong way:  people learn how to use some specific
(microsoft, usually)
> applications to do administrative tasks,  instead
learning how computers
> work, what they can do to help us teach, and how to
use them in a
> creative way.
TASIS (The American School In Switzerland)
Lugano-Montagnola, Switzerland
<http://www.tasis.ch/>