Re: [seul-edu] I love progress

I forgot about this - but this was the only acceptable
solution I found.  Although slower -- I liked this even
better than Graphon's solution -- which was slick but
they refused to sell me a version where I could disable
saving passwords (which would be a big security problem
in a lab environment).  Therefore, my solution was VNC
-- its not an Xserver, so give your server some extra
RAM.  Also consider a script to kill sessions if they
are inactive for a certain length of time (I don't know
how to dertemine this though) -- because whatever the
user leaves running when they logout stays resident in
RAM.

Bill

Quoting Timothy Wilson <wilson@visi.com>:

> On Tue, 21 Mar 2000, Jason Mellen wrote:
>
> > 	On a side note, I am looking for a free (opensource
or not) Win32 X
> server.
> > Are there any that I don't know about. The school
will be slow to put
> linux
> > on all the machines but might be more willing to
install X to run off an
> app
> > server. Thanks for any help.
>
> If you have a sufficiently quick LAN, then you might
want to consider VNC
> as
> an alternative to a commercial X server. Read more at
> http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/
>
> Have fun.
>
> -Tim
>
> --
> Tim Wilson      | Visit Sibley online:         | Check
out:
http://www.zope.org/
http://slashdot.org/
> wilson@visi.com |   <dtml-var pithy_quote>     |
http://linux.com/

TASIS (The American School In Switzerland)
Lugano-Montagnola, Switzerland
<http://www.tasis.ch/>