Presentation programs (was Re: [seul-edu] What do the students think?)

Bill Tihen -- TECHNOLOGY wrote:

> PowerPoint is another problem there is
> currently no good replacement for that.  I don't know if
> StarOffice presentation program is a good replacement
> and if it is compatible with PowerPoint, however, I
> won't use StarOffice in a lab environment, because it
> uses way too much disk space for each user and each user
> must install the "stuff" needed for their account.

Pete St. Onge and I have been looking into this.  If you're looking for a
strictly line-oriented slide presenter, MagicPoint is nice, and easy to use.
If you want more creative designs, try ImPress.  Neither of these will read
PowerPoint presentations.  However, they are native Linux presentation
programs that work just fine.  There's also a similar package in the KDE realm
(KPresent?), but I don't know much about it.

--
Doug Loss                 Even if you're on the right track,
Data Network Coordinator  you'll get run over if you just