Re: [seul-edu] What do the students think?

Well, I think it is going to come down to this, but it
is not the nicest way to transistion and can be met with
lots of resistance and whining.

I'll check out Kpresenter -- btw, do you know if
k-things still only run under kde or do they now behave
nicely under any windowing environment?

Quoting Rakis <rakis@wt.net>:

> 	True, however people are suprisingly good at adapting
when they have
> nothing else to use. If they complain, they can always
buy their own copy
> of
> MS Office for $200 bucks ;-)
>
> >   PowerPoint is another problem there is
> > currently no good replacement for that.
>
> 	You may want to take a look at KPresenter in the
KOffice Suite.
> Everything I've read says it's pretty much on par with
PowerPoint. Of
> course,
> KOffice isn't finished at the moment but I believe the
first release is
> planned
> for sometime in the early to mid summer.
>
> 	Rakis

TASIS (The American School In Switzerland)
Lugano-Montagnola, Switzerland
<http://www.tasis.ch/>