Re: [seul-edu] Fw: Information about government support for open source & education

At Sun, 11 Mar 2001 16:21:44 -0500 , Douglas Loss <dloss@suscom.net> wrote:

>I just received this from Bjarni.  Let's help him here!
>Alejandro, could you answer the question about Red Escolar?

>>   - Mexico's ScholarNet project.  Is this still alive?  If so,
>> has it been doing well?

ScholarNet has not shown signs of life in a lot of months. I live in Mexico, but I don't know for sure what happened to that project. However, you can check the web page of ScholarNet (it's still up, although the last update was done in 06/28/00), in http://redesc.linux.org.mx. You can choose English or Spanish to browse the documents of the site.

If you or somebody in your environment read in Spanish language, you could check http://enmac.virtualave.net. It contains documents of a LUG in Zacatecas, Mexico, which is a more localized project for Linux in education. The documents that could be useful for your project are in http://enmac.virtualave.net/efectos/efectos.html and http://enmac.virtualave.net/historia/historia2.html.

Finally, in http://enmac.virtualave.net/analisis.html there is a section with links to English web sites, all of them useful to justify the use of Linux in education.

Have a nice day!

Get your own FREE E-mail address at http://www.linuxfreemail.com
Linux FREE Mail is 100% FREE, 100% Linux, and 100% yours!