Re: [seul-edu] ISO progress

Hey Everyone,

I am not sure if it is just my bent in life but I would be concerned
about giving teachers and administrators too much choice. If they are
faced with 2-3 applications that do similar things, how will they choose
which application to use. As I look at the ISO project page at
http://www.seul.org/edu/iso.html. It looks like that in phase 1 and 2 we
try to weed out the applications that are not ready or useful. How are
we doing that? Has it been successful in bringing down the number of
applications that would be included in the CD? And then what kind of
setup do we have to help teachers and administrators choose between the
similar applications we do include on the CD? There has to be a way for
the teacher to look at two similar applications and know which one has
the best possibility of doing what they need it to do.

And in response to what Bill said about getting CDs for LinuxWorld. Not
to bash a good idea for exposure in a Linux community event but as the
Linux in education community we need to be looking at offer CDs and
other material to the teachers and educational professionals in their
events. How many school IT professionals attend LinuxWorld? How many
teachers attend? It is the state, regional, and national teacher and
administrator's conferences we need to have our sights on. Those are the
venues that will provide exposure for how Linux can be used in education
to the people that need to know the most.

-Jonathan Hughes
Linux In Education Portal
http://www.linuxineducation.org

--
Jonathan Hughes <declaretruth@yahoo.com>
Message digitally signed for security. Signature.asc is the digital