Re: [Fwd: Invitation to join seul-edu]

Doug Loss wrote...
> This is a place where a non-coder with a good knowledge of French
> and English could make a real contribution.  It doesn't look as
> though it would take a lot of time, either.

As far as translations go, I think it would take a fair bit of work, as
these are all non-trivial high-school level (at least) level physics and
chem apps; though I'm bilingual, my technical french is lacking. There
are a couple of francophones on the list, tho. I don't know if the
fellow from QC is still hanging about, he'd probably be the best
candidate given his experiences (sorry, don't have access to my home
notes at school).

Anyhow, the point remains: Ghislain's apps are more suited for grades
9-12, so this falls within seul-edu's goals. I certainly feel it's worth
doing, but there is a caveat in that I don't know what Ghislain has
implmented for documentation for the programs; the documentation seems
pretty sparse, MeK seems to have help info available from the menu; Lum
has an 'about' box, but no visible indication of a help file. Not having
used it yet, please take my comments with a grain of salt.

Still, it'd be a shame to let an opportunity like this pass us by. I'd
like to see this happen, but I've pretty much relegated myself to lurker
status for the next month or so, but I can help with the odd thing in
the meanwhile.

Cheers,

Pete