RE: [Fwd: [seul-edu] Samba and printing]

David et al

> that in a Windows NT network a print job automatically gets spolled on a
> central print spooler (is this right)?????????  That sounds pretty

No.  This is not right.  Windows NT can be sort of lame but not this
bad. Windows NT network made up of NT WrkSt or Win 9x clients CERTAINLY
allows the clients to print to wherever they wish.

Your sys admin is simply wrong.  His "Problem" could be solved without
Linux/Samba.

All our excellent rants are all for not.  This is a phantom problem.

Linux/Samba is AweSome but not so good as to mitigate goofy design.

; - )

DK