[seul-edu] [Fwd: CompusSource]

I received this from Helge Kreutzmann this morning.  I think the
website he (or she, I'm not sure) mentions contains some very nice
additions to the open source applications we knew about.  I was
familiar with ILIAS, but not the others.

Dear Mr. Loss !
I am a regular reader of your report and I recently (at Cebit,
admitedly) came across some information from the german state
"Nordrheinwestfalen (NRW)" which might fit into your newsletter. The
primary site is http://www.campussource.de/ (or
http://132.176.185.71/ for the english version).

Several universities are sponsoring it and the Ministery of Education,
Science and Research of NRW supports it. The contact adress is
campussource@campussource.de.

They are all OpenSource and cover various areas of educational needs
including:
-Lern Environment for Students
-Database(-frontend) for teaching material
-Lernmaterial distribution (including billing)
-Administrative programmes, i.e. transfer of credits from the teacher
to the administration etc.

In my (paper based) information material is an additional project
mentioned called "VirPa" (Virtuelles Prüfungsamt=Virtual Examination
Office). It is developed at the Fachhochschule Bielefeld (College
Bielefeld) and Mr. Michael Korff (michael.korff@fh-bielefeld.de) is
mentioned as contact.

Keep up the good news of the educational sector for Open Source/Free
Software.

Best regards

          Helge Kreutzmann

--