Re: [seul-edu] Donated Computers announcement, Take III

Leon et al,

Leon Brooks wrote:

 > "On top of this, Open Source software is immune to almost all existing
 > viruses, has an excellent security record, is extremely reliable,
and in an
 > educational setting often provides a deeper involvement in
computers than
 > programs deliberately designed for the classroom."

This may convey the impression that there are no Linux programs
deliberately designed for the classroom. Perhaps 'deeper involvement
in computers because the transparency of the OS and the wide variety
of programs and projects available' but you can tell already I'm no
writer:-(

 > I'm not sure it's wise to link directly to archives of email
including the
 > earlier versions of this document and discussion of it; it may be
prudent to
 > place the messages linked to in reference 6 into a separate node on
the SEUL
 > or SchoolForge website, and link to that instead.

I agree

 > Cheers; Leon

Congratulations Leon, Matt, Stephen, Doug et al. This is the antidote
to FUD. What is that quote about change and the efforts of a committed
group?

Gordon