Re: [seul-edu] Donated Computers announcement, Take III

> >> The price tag is also attractive. "School decisions are often dominated
> >> by cost; much Open Source software is available at little or no cost, and
> >> runs well on donated computers," Mr Brooks explained, "Linux is easy to
> >> set up as a fast diskless workstation or `thin client', so many schools
> >> are rolling out networks using this technology with both donated and new
> >> equipment.

Make notice that there are also full distributions being created just for
this purpose. I have meet alot of people who are scared of thin clients.
While they make sense cost wise for some reason people still dont trust
the reliability of them. One guy told me well the problem is this. Now
instead of one persons machine going down you worry about the server going
down and everyone not being productive.

Look at Blue Linux and Debian Jr. as full distributions, just a thought i
know its a quote but this whole release seems one sided. Maybe make up a
quick couple of questions to ask a few people and put together a paragraph
of quotes or something of this nature. Just my 2 cents.

--
Matt Jezorek
Executive Director / Founder