Re: [seul-edu] Mail list versus UUNET newgroup

At 12:29 AM 5/18/2002, Guy wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>
>I'm normally a lurker but thought I'd break my silence for a
>change. I'm not an educator, just an interested party.
>
>Back in Dec, the questionm was raised of whether or not to set
>up a newsgroup for suel-edu. At the time, the conversation
>didn't go much further than that. I believe that there were
>about three replies.
>
>It occurs to me however, that moving to forum software might be
>a much better direction to go.

I agree, if only because it would be easier to avoid the cross-posting to
the various email distributions that takes place now.  As far as I can
tell, SEUL-EDU is the majority of the content and the other "sister" lists
get much of the same stuff most of the time.  Some of the lists get
traffic, but they remain idle most of the time.

A newsgroup structure would make it much easier to follow items of interest
without having to wade through other stuff.  A good structure would make it
easier (and take less time) to focus in on ISO-related activity, for
example.  After all, that's why it was created!

The question is, who would agree to do the work to keep it going?

Steve