Re: [seul-edu] Mail list versus UUNET newgroup

* G <guycad@mindspring.com> [020518 05:01]:
> It occurs to me however, that moving to forum software might be
> a much better direction to go.

A forum would be fine if you really don't care to include developing
countries.  Here in Belize we pay US$3 an hour for 56K (I get 45K and
consider myself lucky), so a mailing list is MUCH cheaper than
anything web-based.  It's also much faster to flip through emails than
to wait for a web server to return another page.

IMHO, the best solution is web-based archive of an email mailing list.
I do agree that between SEUL, SchoolForge, and others, there seems to
be a good bit of repetition, redundency, and duplicated effort  ;-)

--
Jan Wilson, SysAdmin     _/*];          corocom@btl.net
Corozal Junior College   |  |:'  corozal.com corozal.bz