Re: [seul-edu] Mail list versus UUNET newgroup

On Sat, 18 May 2002 07:26:43 -0600, you wrote:

>A forum would be fine if you really don't care to include developing
>countries.  Here in Belize we pay US$3 an hour for 56K (I get 45K and
>consider myself lucky), so a mailing list is MUCH cheaper than
>anything web-based.  It's also much faster to flip through emails than
>to wait for a web server to return another page.

A point I hadn't considered. However, the FUDforum software does
have an automatic email component. Perhaps FUDforum people can
give us some kind of opinion / guidance on what it would take to
enhance this function. I.E. Allow people to subcribe to the
forum as automatic mail recipients. In addition, they'd need to
be able to email the threads. I imagine the first would be easy
to do. The second might not be so easy.

This would give us the best of both worlds, forum and email
list.

And 98% of women said they would rather date someone who liked cats, than someone who did not.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/newsid_1965000/1965499.stm