Re: [seul-edu] NECC and OSEF Knoppix for kids CDs

On Mon, 2003-05-05 at 16:51, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 04:05:25PM -0700, pnelson wrote:
> > If you have the CD's displayed at our K12LTSP email garden you'll be
> > able to give out even more. My kids will be roaming the convention
> > center in white lab coats covered with penguins with big lettering that
> > says "As me for free software!" They can give out CD's too.
>
> Awesome! :^)
>
> -bill!
> (hopes Tux Paint'll be on them ;^)

hehe, Bill, think about it for a minute... The OSEF Knoppix for Kids
would just not be the same without ALL of the Tux4Kids software.  Heck I
worked with Jesse to get the latest Alpha/Beta of TuxTyping 2.0 on the
last release.  We were getting down to the minute on that one.

Grab the ISO from http://www.osef.org if you want to see what the last
release looks like.  The most major issues with the last release were a
few programs with strong language.  I have kept all of those emails, and
will be making sure that they are either silenced, or are not on the CD.

I will be in trolling the tux4kids channel to get the latest somewhat
stable snapshots out of you guys, so that we can test them, and build
them into the CD.

BTW Gnome itself will NOT be on this release, but the libs will be  for
gnome apps.  It's going to be very hard to keep the CD under 700MB with
everything we want to put on it.

			Harry