Re: [seul-edu] ISO evals--what happened?

On Sat, 2003-05-10 at 10:40, David Bucknell wrote:

> I'm sorry I haven't been more help on the ISO. I'd like to get back in there. I
> have been digging through the archives and can find only the recent list of new
> apps you'd like evaluated, but not the list of accepted? apps you mentioned?

No need to apologize, David.  I was just getting a bit testy about the
lack of progress on what I think is one of the most important things we
have to do.  The lists of accepted apps are
<http://www.seul.org/edu/Phase1.txt> for those that have passed a Phase
1 eval, and <http://www.seul.org/edu/Phase2.txt> for those that have
passed a Phase 2 eval.  I need to update both lists a bit, but they're
pretty accurate.

> Have you abandoned the category-specific roles and gone to an app by app
> evaluation? I apologize for being out of the loop. Life's been getting in the way.

I'm willing to accept any evals anyone sends in.  Since no one was
stepping up to do category-specific evals anymore, I decided to put out
limited lists of specific apps and to ask everyone to look them over, in
the hope of getting a better response.  Of course, for that to work, we
need to keep putting out new eval lists at least once a week and
probably more frequently than that.  Otherwise, it'll take at least a
year just to get through the apps in the Index even one time.

So I'm going to try to be more of an annoyance to the list about this,
in the hope of being the itch that people scratch ("Oh, let's just do
the darned evals; anything to shut Doug up!").

--
If this helped you please take the time to rate the value
of this post; just click on the Affero link below.

http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=drloss

Doug Loss              All you need in this life is
drloss@suscom.net      ignorance and confidence,
                       and then success is sure.
                         Mark Twain