[seul-edu] [Fwd: Re: Question about Bessie]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Question about Bessie
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 17:54:48 -0600
From: Devin Bunker <d-b1649@westminstercollege.edu>
To: <drloss@suscom.net>

Doug,

That's a good question. A very good question. I wish I could tell you, but I really don't know; I don't force people to register or anything like that. I've received a lot of installation questions from people, but that doesn't mean that they're using Bessie regularly, only that they tried installing it. I usually get a few hundred downloads when I release a new version, but that doesn't mean too much either.

I wish I could offer you more information, but that's all that I have at the moment. I'll post a message on Bessie's home page, asking for people to contact me if they use Bessie, but I don't know that I'll get any responses before you need to make your decision.

Good luck with your ISO, regardless. It sounds like a great project.

Devin

Doug Loss <drloss@suscom.net> 05/14/03 01:30PM >>>
   As you may know, we're working on an ISO of educational
software <http://www.seul.org/edu/iso.html> for Linux at the SEUL/edu
project.  Our main requirement for applications to be included on this
ISO is that they be scholastically useful.  We've been evaluating as
many of the apps that we know about as we can, but the effort is
languishing as many volunteer projects do.  I've determined that any app
that is currently being used in one or more schools has de facto
demonstrated that it is scholastically useful and has passed our Phase 2
evaluation.

   That brings me to my question.  Is Bessie currently in use in a
school?  If so, I can put it on the Phase 2 list.  Thanks for your help!

--
If this helped you please take the time to rate the value
of this post; just click on the Affero link below.

http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=drloss

Doug Loss              All you need in this life is
drloss@suscom.net      ignorance and confidence,
                       and then success is sure.
                         Mark Twain

--
If this helped you please take the time to rate the value
of this post; just click on the Affero link below.

http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=drloss

Doug Loss                 Courage is resistance to
Data Network Coordinator  fear, mastery of fear --
Bloomsburg University     not absence of fear.
dloss@bloomu.edu           Mark Twain