Re: Gradebook development

Doug Loss wrote:

> Remember that I'm not a teacher and I haven't looked at these programs in any
> detail.

It seems we're in the opposite position. I'm a teacher with practically
zero experience developing software. I guess that's what cooperation is
all about.

It would be helpful for me if someone could outline the normal course of
software development. I'm sure that I could give more helpful feedback
if I had some idea of the order in which various aspects of design
should be considered. I can start generating feature lists and such
right now, but I don't know if that would be useful at this stage.

BTW, I use GradeMachine from Misty City Software
(http://www.mistycity.com). It is quite good functionally, but I find
the UI lacking. Would it be useful if I made some screenshots? Maybe
someone could begin collecting shots that could be used by developers.

Let me know how I can help.

-Tim

--
Timothy Wilson		 |  Powered by Linux  |      Check out:
Henry Sibley High School |                    | http://www.redhat.org