Re: Gradebook development

On Sat, Nov 14, 1998 at 01:33:12AM -0500, Roger Dingledine wrote:

> Permission isn't needed from the FSF, but they generally appreciate it if
> people developing 'gnu foo' tell them about it, so
> a) they can keep track of who's doing what,
> and b) they can tell other 'gnu foo' projects about each other.

Thanks for this info.  While I came up with the name 5 years ago, I don't
feel like the owner of a trademark <grin>.  It's just that I want to make
sure people understand that this is done in the GNU spirit.  May I propose
we use that term to differentiate projects in that spirit from those that
involve encouraging commercial software houses to port to Linux for example?

I've just posted tarballs of jaq, taq and jar on

http://ess.vancouver.bc.ca/free.html

This is raw stuff... no READMEs.  I normally distribute these via debian
packages automatically sent overnight via UUCP and installed via crontab at
4am which are filled with specific information for the particular networks I
maintain... and which automatically create the appropriate links and local
customizations.  Please do not advertise these packages yet... they will
likely require some tweaking on your part to make work.

Bruno