Re: Physics class

On Sun, Nov 15, 1998 at 12:25:46AM -0800, Micah Yoder wrote:
> This is interesting stuff.  If we can get the specs for the physics
> motion sensors, it shouldn't be too hard to write a Linux device
> driver.  How many people do we have here that teach or know high school
> math/science teachers?  I know my HS physics teacher pretty well, and
> have almost convinced him to try Linux.  Perhaps something like this
> would push him over the edge.  Last I checked he used an old XT with
> some sort of physics sensor software.

Well, I for one, would use an interface for the "vernier" (the company has
no relation to me) sensors.  I like their sensors ... the hardware is very
reasonably priced and 6 years ago, I got their ULI (universal lab interface)
- software developers guide (the specs) which I used to control the ULI via
kermit.  I just dusted it off my shelf - (hardcopy only :-( ).  I don't know
if the ULI specs have changed since then though.

Bruno