Cheerleading

I'm really encouraged at the type of discussion that this list is
generating!  I think the large majority of people posting so far are
interested in getting something concrete developed in the near term, and
are actively moving toward doing so.  Congratulations, all of you!

I realize that it's perhaps a little soon for you to have thoughtfully
considered it, but do any of you have opinions on my proposal of two
parallel development efforts for a GNOMEified gradebook and a
comprehensive data model?  Feel free to say, "Those are _stupid_ ideas,
Doug," if that's what you think of them; God knows, there's precedent
for that.  Of course, being lavish in your praise wouldn't hurt my
feelings either. :-)

--
Doug Loss                 It is impossible to imagine Goethe
Data Network Coordinator  or Beethoven being good at billiards