Re: A bit about me....

> I am very new to Linux, however, and would
> appreciate advice and comments on what there is available out there
> (hardware & software,etc) that would assist me in this task.

Andy--

You might try the following links for starters:

http://www.linux.org
http://www.linuxresources.com

The first link has gotten pretty commercialized as of late, but if you
wade through the deep stuff I'm sure you'll find some things of
interest.  The second link belongs to SSC, but if you look in the lower
left corner of the page there are several links to other resources.

--
--Brian Koontz      --