Re: [seul-edu] Users Changing their Passwords over web?

I am thinking of the linux account information.
Telneting in is not an option -- for 2 reasons:
1) We seem to have someone who doesn't like us and we
have had to increase our security quite a lot -- at the
moment everyone on the mail server has /bin/false shells
-- because generally they have such poor passwords.
2) My boss wants to get rid of all the Linux servers.
He is afraid because I am the only computer guy at my
school and if I go on vacation and something goes down
no one will be able to fix it.  None of the local
vendors know Linux -- they all think it is brand new and
will go away in 6 months anyway.

So the moral of the story is that I need to make
everything as easy as possible even the servers or else
it will go away and become Windows NT.  I don't want to
go that route -- I already waste several hours a day
maintaining them and distracted from my other
responsibilities.  But my boss is nervous and his
decisions carry more weight than mine.  (I have been
trying out some Cobalt Network servers -- based on Linux
-- they seem good -- but nearly 2xs the cost of a Free
Linux box.  So I am hoping I can make linux easy to use.

Thanks.

Bill

Quoting Doug Loss <dloss@csrlink.net>:

> Are you thinking about their Linux account
information, or accounts on

If you find this message objectionable
or of questionable authenticity please
contact <support@tasis.ch>.