Re: [seul-edu] lessonstop.org

Thank you, Mr. Gonzalez, for your excellent points. I hope that people of this
list [Seul-Edu] can take on you idea and work on it. It will undoubtly benefit
every segments of the teaching-"chain", with the ultimate beneficiaries be the
young students.

I hope that Mr. Loss would go ahead and contact the people behind
lessonstop.org, and I also hope that Mr. Loss would contact not only the
lessonstop.org people, but those [the professionals] who specialize on producing
workable and effective lesson-plans.

There are lots of links available on the lessonstop.org site, and I think there
_must_ be someone, among all those links, who would be interested to work, - and
also coordinate - with the people of Seul-Edu in producing an outstanding
combination of superb-quality open-sourced educational softwares that are
congruent with the lesson-plans that make vital use of the softwares produced by
people of Seul-Edu (and other open-sourced groups).

One advantage of the open-source movement is the availability of the
source-codes, and we can make use of this particular advantage and make it a
point of _flexibility_ in that unlike the canned commercial apps. that may have
to take eons to change, open-sourced apps can be changed to suit whatever new
requirements demanded by any curricula, which can be used (and produced) by any
segment of the teaching profession.

Thus, to summarize my points:

	There exists a gap between the
	educational software producers and
	the "frontline" members of the
	teaching profession.

	The gap can be bridged if there is
	a coordinated effort by both parties,
	- the software developers and the
	people involved in all segments of
	the teaching profession - and if an
	understanding can be make between the
	two parties, the resulted products
	would then be extremely useful and
	productive since both the lesson-plans
	and the educational softwares can
	enjoy a symbiotic relationship, and
	mutually aiding one another to become
	much more effective while retains the
	flexibility to cope with the changing
	teaching/learning environment.

Thank you again, Mr. Gonzalez, and thanks to all the people who have worked so
tirelessly in producing quality educational open-sourced softwares.

Have a nice weekend !

Gratefully,
Sean
linuxkernel@newmail.net