[seul-edu] spell checker logic -- comments please

I took a look at the IMP spell checker the new version.
Here's what I think I understood.  Can  anyone comment
on my logic and tell me if they think it could work.  I
also have a couple of questions  -- stated in the logic
that someone could help me sort out.

o split the message into an array of words.

o send each word to ispell using something like:
           echo word | ispell -a
(how to you verify nothing evil gets passed to the
commandline? - I assume an echo is fairly safe and then
it gets passed to echo which will only process it as
text anyway)

o store the result of ispell in an array

o Generate an new webpage with the array of misspellings
arrainged in pull down menu and some correction options.

o display the original  text at the bottom of the page
with mispellings highlighted.

o wait for the user to choose the corrections and
resubmit the work to the spell checker until done is
chosen.

o send the corrected data back to the original textarea
that was spell checked on the original html screen.  How
do you update an html screen?  Do you destroy the
original and create a new one just like it?

Thanks

Bill

If you find this message objectionable
or of questionable authenticity please