Re: [seul-edu] Mac/Linux Xterminals--first work session

Gerald Logan wrote:

> You might try easy-gz.  It works on the mac and should do the trick for you.

I just took a look at Easy-GZ and Easy-BZ.  They look pretty good, but
I'm not sure how I could use them in this situation.  Even if I compress
what's needed for the Debian install and manage to get it on (for
instance) one floppy, I'll still have to uncompress it for installation,
thereby requiring all the space the uncompressed files take up anyway.
It seems to me that a minimal MacOS install with room allocated for
Fetch (the most common Mac FTP client) and the required Debian files is
the only option unless I can get netatalk running properly on my
machine, or take the time to figure out why the two systems couldn't see
each other via TCP/IP.