Re: [seul-edu] Discuss: How software educates.

Lucy Stephens wrote:

> Some teachers are timid to adopt new and innovative ways with technology
> in their teaching purely out of the fear of the unknown.
> But, the majority are SO busy and with the high level of stress involved
> in teaching, they just simply do not have the time to sit down to learn
> and apply these tools.

That's a very valid point that I didn't address.  I agree that for most
teachers the workload probably precludes this sort of personal
development rather than a lack of interest.

> Perhaps a solution would be to approach the community on a level higher
> than the schools.  I would think that going to the various organizations
> that host professional day workshops (Teacher's Associations) might be a
> way to market these tools.

This is a good idea!  Are you folks in the advocacy task group
listening?  This may be an effective way to get Linux in the door at
various schools.