[seul-edu] Task group mailing lists

We've set up some mailing lists for some of the task groups that were
defined from our subscriber survey.  Here are the mailing lists
currently available:

advotg@seul.org--Advocacy task group
mathtg@seul.org--Mathematics software task group
docutg@seul.org--Documentation task group
eduttg@seul.org--Edutainment task group
langtg@seul.org--Language software task group
wwwtg@seul.org--WWW educational content task group

I identified people with interests in the various task group areas and
tentatively assigned them to the appropriate task groups.  If you were
among those people you received a message to that effect.  I don't know
if all of those people were automatically assigned to these mailing
lists--I suspect not.  At any rate, it's easy to put yourself on a
mailing list.  Just send a message to <majordomo@seul.org> (NOT to the
mailing list address) with this in the message body:

subscribe <mailing list name>

For example, to subscribe to the Advocacy task group mailing list you'd
put:

subscribe advotg

This will then put you on that list.

These lists are for focussed discussion on the task group topic, with an
intent of producing output (documents, programs, etc.) pertaining to the
topic.  More general and philosophical discussions still belong on the
mail seul-edu mailing list.  Task groups should also post updates to the
general list regularly and frequently to let everyone know what's
happening and to ask for advice when needed.

We also have task groups for quiz software, administrative software, and
elementary-level software; those groups haven't yet requested mailing
lists.  We're working on getting task groups on science software and
translations off the ground.