Re: [seul-edu] Re: _Halloween 2001 - Debian GNU/Linux CD give-away project

Karl wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, Sergio Restrepo wrote:
>
> > I am also
> > interested on spreading linux because, well, it is free (as in beer) and
> > it can be used to help people that are less fortunate. Currently I am
> > driving an effort to get old hardware so that some friends and I can
> > assemble computers for economically challenged students at our campus.

Odile Bénassy and Jean-Francois Martinez have created a Linux distribution
called TINY <http://tiny.seul.org> that may be very useful to you.  It is
designed specifically to work on systems from 386 up, with a minimum of 8MB of
RAM and 50 MB of hard drive space.  It is also designed to install entirely
from floppy disk, as many of these older systems didn't have CDROM drives.  I
think Odile and JFM's intent in creating TINY was for it to be used for the
kind of things you're trying to do.

--
Doug Loss                 God is a comedian playing
Data Network Coordinator  to an audience too afraid