Re: [seul-edu] Inquiry about ArsDigita

Ian Bruk wrote:

> From my understanding they are an Open Source offering with many
> functions that pertain to education.If this has already been
> discussed on these boards before could someone point me to the
> relevant threads otherwise I was wondering if anyone else is
> familiar with ArsDigita.

The ArsDigita Community System <http://www.arsdigita.com/> runs over
Apache or AOLServer and requires an Oracle 8i RDBMS.  You may want
to look at OpenACS <http://openacs.org>, which is GPLed and runs on
AOLServer and PostgreSQL.  I don't know how widely it's used in
education, but this page, <http://openacs.org/sites.html> has links
to a number of places that use it.

--
Doug Loss                 God is a comedian playing
Data Network Coordinator  to an audience too afraid