Re: [seul-edu] Linux DTP

What's the matter with StarOffice? StarWriter has most of these features, doesn't it?

Dave Prentice wrote:
01c04f83$f70b5900$fc271e89@prentda">
To Anybody:
    In my high school DTP class I am presently using the beta version of Framemaker. However, it expires 12/31. The academic purchase price after then is over $700. The principal already said no.
    I have no idea how I'm supposed to teach a DTP class without DTP software. I checked out the www.chilliware.net site Doug posted a few weeks ago, but their DTP product will not be shipped until January. I'm trying to get a demo.
    Meanwhile, If anybody is going to Comdex, please keep you eyes open for DTP demos, promos, etc. I will gladly pay shipping, handling, etc.
Thanks, .
Dave Prentice
prentice@instruction.com