[seul-edu] Re: KDE or GNOME?

I think this is a matter of individual choice of the
implementer, and that having that choice is much more important
than which choice is selected.  Let's not get bogged down in
debating the relative merits of the various desktop
environments: you'll never get everyone to agree since the
arguments will be based on personal taste rather than any
objective criteria (if there are any such in this question).

For me, I tend to agree with Harry McGregor that either KDE or
GNOME are likely overkill for student lab workstations.  Harry
likes IceWM; I like WindowMaker bare without other adornment.
The whole point here isn't to pick the "best" environment, it's
to pick one that's easy for the students to use and doesn't get
in their way when they're trying to use the computer for
educational purposes.

--
Doug Loss           The art of medicine consists of amusing the
dloss@suscom.net    patient while nature cures the disease.