Re: [seul-edu] KDE or GNOME?

Max Moritz Sievers wrote:

> On Sunday 26 November 2000 19:11, Kevin Brown wrote:
>
>> After reading the message on KDE-EDU, it has sparked a question for me
>> to ask: KDE or GNOME? I like GNOME because of its Open Source nature
>> but the students don't really care about OSS. So would GNOME or KDE be
>> a better choice?
>
> KDE has more Open Source nature than GNOME.

The GPL is more OSS friendly than QPL, isn't it (isn't Qt governed by
the QPL???)

>  The KDE-core-developers are
> more friendly than the GNOME-core-developers.
> Some students care about OSS (at least I do).

The average student doesn't but I know there people like you, me and
other OSS advocates.
I have even wrote letters to the board and they have replied saying it
would be a good idea but have done nothing about it. Now about 6 months
after I wrote the proposal, and explaining Samba, etc. they are
replacing Novell with NT. This makes me mad (i even know the board
recieved the letter cuz one of my teachers found it funny. grrrr.....).
I don't care if its KDE, GNOME, IceWM or even console I WANT LINUX IN MY
SCHOOL!!!!

My school board can be reached at: www.gecdsb.on.ca/d&g/

> KDE 2.0 is technically better than GNOME 1.x and there is
> http://www.andamooka.org/reader.pl?section=kde20devel which helps a lot
> to start a KDE 2.0 programm.
> KDE 2.0 uses Konqueror which is the most efficient tool I ever used.
> http://www.konqueror.org

Konqueror is better, bar none, but Eazels new product might create some
competition.

> Max Moritz Sievers

Kevin Brown.