Re: [seul-edu] Software for journal publish

the problem with most of the systems mentioned for publishing here,
scoop, slash, etc., is that none of them and I've worked with all of
them enough to know that they don't map onto the expectations or
practices of academic peer review, This is not to say that they cannot
be customized to do it, but it will incur overall architectural changes
and a great familiarity with the system code to get that done.  I'm sure
several groups have implemented a system, i know that the cddc has, I'd
encourage you to look to some help perhaps from the e-collections list
in the U.K. to find some others, because every time that I've tried to
use a solution that did not map onto the assumed process, usually a
single or double blind review, i have met strong resistance, though I
admit that was only two times.

jeremy hunsinger
on the ibook
www.cddc.vt.edu