Re: [seul-edu] New to Linux

It looks like it at least recognized your CDROM or floppy, since you
have apparently installed linux.

But to mount a floppy you just need to type either:
	mount /mnt/floppy     <-- this is if it is setup on /etc/fstab

   For a DOS disk, or you can use one of the other flavors of DOS vfat:
	mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy
   For most linux disks:
	mount -t ext2  /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy

You can type 'man mount' and it should give you more information than
you want to know for now.

Here is a example of mounting a linux disk on a linux system..
(it happens to be a backup boot disk).

  [root@mwd-h2 mwd]# grep fd0 /etc/fstab
  /dev/fd0                /mnt/floppy             ext2    owner,noauto    0 0
  [root@mwd-h2 mwd]# mount /mnt/floppy
  [root@mwd-h2 mwd]# cd /mnt/floppy
  [root@mwd-h2 floppy]# ls
  boot  dev  etc  initrd.img  lost+found  vmlinuz-2.2.11

Mark

--
Mark Dalton       CH3-S-CH2 H                      H      O       H
Silicon Graphics, Inc.  |   |                      |       \      |