Re: [seul-edu] Alternatives to NIS

With NFS you need more than identical user names, you need identical UID
and GID, compair your /etc/passwd on your server, and on your
workstations.

As has been pointed out already in this thread, the security issue is not
with NIS, it's with NFS, and since you have control over not just users,
but machines on your network, you should be fine.

			Harry

--
Harry McGregor, CEO, Co-Founder
hmcgregor@osef.org, (520) 202-OSEF (6733)