[seul-edu] looking for fonts for teaching handwriting

I'm looking for cursive and non-cursive typefaces made up of dots for
tracing that can be used for teaching handwriting. (See my simple
non-cursive examples below.)

I am not sure what the sans-serif typeface is called that is commonly used
in United States elementary schools. (Any ideas?)

I think the cursive typeface is called "D'Nealian".

Does anyone know where I can get some fonts for teaching handwriting?

These fonts would need to scale well, so they can printed large on paper.
Preferably the typefaces should be available for X so I can view them, and
for postscript so I can print them. (I guess I should be able to convert
them myself.)

Or does anyone know of any tools (hopefully X-based) for creating my own
typefaces?

If I can figure out how to create these typefaces useful for tracing, I'll
be glad to make them free available.

Thanks,

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/