Re: [seul-edu] Using Linux to Access a Frontpage School Server

On Thu, 3 Oct 2002, Robert Maynord wrote:

> Dear SEUL Friends:
>
> I do web sites for several schools using LINUX and the various included
> tools.  However, one of the schools I work for has their web page on a
> Frontpage web server.  I have not been able to access it through Linux.
(...)
> I am looking for fresh ideas.  Any way to connect to a Frontpage web
> server through Linux?  If not, is there any way to connect through
> Windows using something besides Frontpage?

I've been away from Microsoft for a good time now, but last time I heard
about IIS, its "Frontpage Extensions" were only marketspeak for the DAV
protocol (specified in IETF's RFC #2518), there are tools both to run such
services on Linux (as apache module) and to talk to servers (either
Windows+IIS or anything else) that do DAV. Check

http://www.webdav.org/

and

http://www.webdav.org/cadaver/ (cadaver is a command-line DAV client)

Felipe Paulo Guazzi Bergo - Computer Science MSc Student at Unicamp
bergo@seul.org - Campinas - SP - Brazil - Earth
GPG/PGP mail welcome - GPG/PGP Key: EF8EE808 (keyserver pgp.mit.edu)

* Mainframe: the biggest PC peripheral available.