[seul-edu] ISO project--a different approach

OK folks, it's clear that we're going nowhere with our current
approach to the ISO project of doing a Phase 1 eval on every entry
in our Application Index.  No one is stepping up to the plate to
help with these.  So I'm proposing a different approach.

We've already had some Phase 1 evals of some of the categories in
the App Index.  Rather than let them languish till everything passes
that bar, lets take those categories and move them on to Phase 2.
That means taking the apps that passed Phase 1, installing them, and
actually testing them for utility in a scholastic environment.  I'll
post a second message listing just which apps in what categories
that will entail.

At the same time, we can have people doing research for an installer
(Phase 4).  This is probably the part that will be the most fun for
some of us Linux geeks.

I'd like to have _something_ to hand out at NECC in Seattle at the
end of June.  It'd be great if it were all the apps we've found
appropriate from the App Index, but if it's just a subset, that
wouldn't be too shabby.  But we need people to actually help get the
work done!

--
How valuable is my contribution?
Share your feedback at Affero: